Thursday, November 16, 2017

A visit to the Proper Bostonians Quilt Show, Part 3

I had intended to write an I like Thursdays post, but after fighting with photo software on my computer for several hours, "I like my computer" wouldn't have made the list, so I'm just going to finish up the quilt show post.

Part 1 and Part 2 can be found on their respective links.

This stunning modern interpretation of a log cabin was the first quilt that I saw when I entered the show.
Amish Cabin by Pat Kelliher, West Roxbury, Ma.
Pattern is Urban Cabin from Modern Quilt Designs for Classic Quilts by Kelly Biscopink and Andrea Johnson.
I think I have this book. Might as well add this to my list.
Asteroids by Eileen Thurston, Hyde Park, MA.
This quilt was made for the guild's summer challenge which was to use three to five analogous colors.
Black and White with Spots All Over by Barbara Winrich, Natick, MA.
The pattern is from Victoria Findlay Wolfe, Fade to Purple.
Snow in Summer by Linda Scollins, West Roxbury, MA.
This pattern is Snowflake from Laundry Basket Quilts.
It was enlarged from a 3-inch square pattern to a 4-inch square pattern.
Let me tell you, the pieces in this quilt were tiny!
I can't imagine how small they would have been if they had NOT been enlarged!

Kaffe Tuffet by Mary Ellen Berman, Milton, MA
Cities Can Sparkle by  Marguerite McDonagh Gallagher, Roslindale, MA
Modified from the pattern Urban Legend by A Quilter's Dream.
We went to the Bead Affaire the same weekend as the quilt show. A double-header!
My purchases from the bead show. I didn't buy anything at the quilt show. Really.
Here is LarryPug sleeping with all of his babies.

Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

1 comment: