Sunday, November 12, 2017

A visit to the Proper Bostonians Quilt Show, Part 2

Here are some more photos from the quilt show. The ones in this post are simply outstanding. They are on my Bucket List. I will probably never have the talent or time to do these. But I have pictures to look at! Part 1 is here. There are enough photos to do a Part 3.
Carnival by Judy Kilgore, Jamaica Plain, MA. This is a Jacqueline de Jonge pattern.
Rainbow Circles by Mary Ellen Berman, Milton, MA. This design is from the Stunning Circles Quilt class on Craftsy.
A close-up.
A New Hexagon by Judy Kilgore, Jamaica Plain, MA. This is hand-pieced.
Superbuzzy by Marguerite McDonagh Gallagher, Roslindale, MA. This is a free pattern from Rita Hodges of Red Pepper Quilts and can be found online at, Giant Dresden Plate.
A close-up
Field of Daisies by Barbara Winrich, Natick, MA
This quilt was inspired by the Garden Party pattern from Making Quilts with Kathy Doughty of Material Obsession.

I have to say that I am very thankful for the thorough labeling of all the quilts at the show!

Here is my favorite work from home co-worker LarryPug. He is keeping my laptop all warmed up with his cute little fuzzy behind.
Thanks for visiting! I'm off to join my Brown Bagger Quilting buddies for our November Sunday sewathon. I'll be quilting a baby quilt that I started last weekend at our Cape retreat. I haven't shown it to you yet...

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

6 comments:

  1. Many thanks - it's always nice to see quilts from a show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Larry Pug literally just made me: Laugh Out Loud! Man...so much detailed work in those quilts. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, lots of eye candy! Those quilts are awesome. As is LarryPug-- you wouldn't want a cold laptop, now would you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that looked like a show worth seeing! Love that take on the Stunning Circle Quilt. I thought it was an excellent class. Pass on a hello to Larry from the Doxie girls. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic. Thanks for sharing. And I just googled the show - I used to live three blocks from there! I'll need to somehow bookmark that for a future show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't those quilts fabulous? Jacqueline comes to teach at the shop where I have been taking classes. I am not up to all the hot fix crystals and stuff, but love to look at her quilts.

    ReplyDelete