Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Counting My Coins with Val's Piggy Bank Challenge #3

Today was counting day for Val's annual Piggy Bank Challenge! This is Year 3, although it is my first year participating.

Here is Mr. Bear. Our challenge started last year. At first glance, my savings appear modest. But there were a lot of coins inside!
I am fortunate that Mike owns a coin sorter!

Here is my husband patiently teaching me how to use it, even though it is 10pm.
Here are my savings. Unfortunately, Mike did not have dime wrappers or quarter wrappers.
My grand total was $105.23! Guess what I'm doing with it? I'm going to send it to Val (hope she likes lots of spare change) and have her do some more machine quilting for me! I have three small quilt tops that I hope to finish and send to her by the end of this summer. She just did one for me, yet to be blogged, and she did a great job.

Linking up to Val's Piggy Bank Challenge. I'm definitely signing up again for Challenge #4. Won't you join me?

Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

P.S. Val, if you're reading this, don't worry, just kidding, I'll send you a check!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a fun way to spend your savings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! First, that didn't look like that much money...you saved double the amount I did! I need to be more intentional this coming year! And...I'm soooo happy your were pleased with your quilting. I'd be honored to quilt more for ya...with a "check" payment of course. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! Don't worry Val, Nancy would go broke trying to mail that much change to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey... I saw 20's in there...
    It's amazing how change adds up. It's win win for you and Val.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is a great amount!!!! And what a great way to use it!!!

    ReplyDelete