Monday, August 24, 2015

Stash Enhancement Saturday


Joannie gave me this cute sticker on the back of the new PugMobile!
On the way home from visiting Cheryl and Jean, Marion and I visited two quilt shops. The first stop was The Quilted Crow in Boxborough. I'd never been to The Quilted Crow before. I did not leave empty-handed. They have a huge selection of Civil War fabrics, Reproduction fabrics, Jo Morton fabrics as well as wool fabric for wool felting and hooked rugs. Happily, they also have a very nice selection of contemporary fabric and batik. There were lots of great samples on display in the shop.
I found this great New York City map print and two lovely pink and orange batiks.
Here is Marion with the lovey Rose of Sharon out front.

A charming outdoor vignette.
Lots of treasure awaits behind the garlanded front door!
Our second stop was Quilter's Way in Acton. This store has a very contemporary vibe and I've been here several times before. I had a lot of fun in the batik aisle and two really cute novelty prints also went home with me. Have you seen the nail polish quilt pattern at the Fat Quarter Shop? I thought the nail polish print would make a cute border. And I thought my brother Gary, or my Mom, who are also both writers, might like a little gift made with the typewriter fabric.

More purple and blue batik, plus a half yard of Kate Spain's Terrain.
Friends, fabric, Chinese food and chocolate! What more could a girl want?

Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

4 comments:

  1. Great fabrics!!! I love that map! The batiks are so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely purchases Nancy. Mmmm, on those and the chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stash enhancements. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! I love that nail polish print! Stash shopping plus Chinese food; A good day in my book!!

    ReplyDelete