Sunday, June 28, 2015

Belated Happy Birthday to Terri!

A very happy belated birthday to Terri. We surprised her with a quilt today (and cupcakes)! This pattern is the Disappearing Hour Glass from the Missouri Star Quilt Company. There is a free tutorial on their website and if you get their magazine, the printed directions were in it a few issues ago.
Terri matches her quilt so I know we chose the right colors!
The border fabric is just perfect for the quilt top. We need to recruit some taller people to join the Brown Baggers.
I saw these flowers outside our local diner this weekend. Can anyone tell me what they are? The waitress said they are perennials. They are the palest pink with fern-like stems.

The Pug Boys said they have been under-represented in the blog lately, so here they are... live from under the kitchen table, hoping I would drop something while I ate dinner.
From left to right: LarryPug, Romeo in motion, and Elvis.
Same arrangement with Elvis looking off camera.
More photo fun, this time Romeo is looking down. Just noticed Mike's slippers appearing in the photo at lower left.
Thanks for visiting! And thanks for all of the nice comments on my recent blog posts. I really enjoy hearing from you. I write back to everyone personally. If you don't hear from me, you are a "no-reply" blogger.

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

6 comments:

  1. I love the quilt. The colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flower is an Oenothera, or Evening Primrose. You can do an internet search and find it. You should be able to find them at your local nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely quilt for Terri! And Romeo, wherefore hath he been? I see LarryPug and Elvis regularly...is he shy like my Naala? They help out with the vaccuming, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri really does match her lovely quilt! At least they have been good boys and no misadventures to tell. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. forgot about that pattern. I've been wanting to try it. I might do it instead of the one our bee picked... that's me not fitting in again. The pug boys are too cute. Drop something already. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete