Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2014 By the Numbers

First of all, in case I don't say it enough, thanks for reading my blog. I started blogging in March of 2012 and it has been a joy, as well as a learning experience.

This year has been interesting. I only finished three quilts this year, whereas in 2013 I finished 11. I also finished 44 small projects which included 17 pillowcases; 9 large fleece blankets; 1 small fleece blanket; 2 patchwork bags; 10 zipper bags, 1 patchwork Scottie dog; 2 fabrics books; 1 table runner and 1 apron. I kept one fleece blanket and a set of three zipper bags. Everything else was gifted.

I  have one quilt at the machine quilter; three quilt tops that are ready to be layered and quilted; and seven more quilts that just need borders added. I even have an eighth top finished that I don't like so I'm going to use it as a quilt back. I also have 288 quilt blocks to assemble into a quilt top for my very patient sister-in-law, Susan. So my output for 2015 should be better than last year.
This beauty needs borders and then she's off to the machine quilter!
How's the Blog Doing?
I wrote 139 blog posts in 2014. My Bloglovin' followers grew from 20 in 2013 to 56; my Google followers went from 23 to 42; and my email subscribers went from 30 to 44.

A very special thank you to my husband Mike and my Mom (my two staunchest supporters and biggest fans) as well as to Marion, Joannie, and Sue, who put up with me and appear frequently in the blog. Another big thank you to my Brown Bagger buddies and to the Thursday Girls who let me photograph their projects and share them in the blog. And don't forget the Pug Boys!
The Pug Boys love quilts. Here, LarryPug, at left, and Elvis, at right, made a nest from some on our couch.
Here is Elvis with the new toys that he received for Hanukkah from Cindy.
Alas, he has to share these with his pug brothers.
Romeo, at left, and LarryPug, at right.
A really big thank you to those of you who take the time to write me comments. Many of you have become close friends and I look forward to hearing from you, almost as soon as I hit the publish button!

So what's up for 2015? More quilts, more blog posts, and more pug photos of course.  In 2014, I also started a second, non-quilting blog, Nancy Cohen-Tomases and I introduced my Quilt of the Month series to show you some of the quilts that I made in my pre-blogging days. Although I only have a few more bed size projects to share, I'm going to continue to do the series even if I show you a smaller quilt instead. I plan to do some give-aways. I'm also considering a monthly Top 10 list and a weekly Pug Knickknack photo (you'd be amazed at some of the pug things I buy and some that I receive as gifts).

Let me know what you enjoy most and if there is anything special that you would like me to consider adding to my blog.

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy


3 comments:

  1. Even though you weren't sewing quilts, you were still making that machine hum! 44 small projects! Wow! Good for you! I can't wait to see your purple quilt, quilted. I'm sure it will look beautiful on your bed. I love the humor you put into all your posts, here and at your other blog. I look forward to all your new series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you did a lot, not including your Houston trip. The purple quilt is lovely. DH loves the puglicious pictures. Whenever I see some little knick knack with pugs I always think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did a lot!
    How do you know how many follow you on bloglovin? The whole stat thing has me confused. Just glad I found you. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete