Saturday, December 13, 2014

Randome Project Round-up

Hooray for me! I am on vacation for the next two weeks! I hope that there will be some sewing in my future!

In no particular order, here are some great finishes, none of them mine, to share with you.

Below is a quilt so gorgeous, I wish that I had gotten a chance to see it in person. This pattern is from the book One Block Wonders. It was made by my co-worker Karen H. It is a gift for her niece. She said that it took her over a year to make it.  There are a few girls in my office who quilt and when we run into each other, we always share stories and photos. Maybe I should start an inter-office quilt group...
I love the gorgeous fabric in this quilt.
Joannie has been busy making Christmas gifts. The bag below is for one of her friends in her golf league. It has scenes from different golf courses on it, and of course, it closes with a tiny golf ball button. This is the second golf-themed bag that Joannie has made for her golfing friends. I'm sure they will all want one!
Love it!
I briefly saw my Thursday Girl friends this week. Our friend Toni is very sick, and we sent her home from quilting for the second week in a row. Feel better Toni! The other girls left immediately after dinner, but Pat and I hung around until 8:30pm and got some sewing done. Pat is finishing her t-shirt quilt and I am making a few more panels for my blue and purple scrap wave. Karen made the two Christmas stockings below from a video she watched at The Missouri Star Quilt Company.
Karen finished these two stockings in a jiffy!
Beth brought in a finished project to show us that was also a video from The Missouri Star Quilt Company. She designed the border from her left over scraps. I think it really adds to the quilt!
The colors in Beth's quilt remind me of grapes.
Close-up of the border made from half square triangles.
Have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for visiting!


Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. One block wonders are always go beautiful. I have some fabric I want to play with and try one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously want to work where you work! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete