Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Inspiring Garments from the World Quilt Show

Marion, Joannie, Kim and I went to the Mancuso World Quilt Show on Sunday up in Manchester, NH. Joannie, aka the speed queen, drove (she can make that Prius fly!) and we arrived in no time at all. The show wasn't very crowded and we had a great time checking out all the vendors and seeing all the fabulous quilts.

I used to make a lot of quilted jackets and realized they were all made in my pre-blogging days, so I will need to start taking some pictures to share with you. As you know, I'm working on my kimono jacket, which has reawakened my quilted jacket bug.

In this post, I will show you some of the beautiful quilted garments from the show. I think that I took photos of most of the garments on display.

This jacket is Life's too short, eat dessert first, made by Leslie Peacock of Payson, AZ.
Obviously Leslie and I are kindred spirits, since that's my motto too!
This jacket is Think Pink by Mary Schwarzenberger of Milton, New Jersey.
If you've read my blog before, you know that pink is one of my favorite colors.
Here are some close-ups of the techniques in Mary's jacket.

 There was also this cute little moustache vest!
Moustache Magic vest by Fred Maitland of Cumberland, Maine. Quilted by his wife Beth.
There was a whole exhibit of Rachel Clark's jackets. There was no signage and I forgot to grab a show catalog. I will show you each jacket and a close-up. Each one was a festival of monochromatic color!

















I hope that you enjoyed my virtual fashion show. Did you pick a favorite? I still have more photos to share, so I'll do a separate post on the quilts from the show soon.

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I saw a lady wearing one at a quilt show that was gorgeous a couple of years ago. It was in sage greens and yellow. So when you use quilt blocks to make a garment do you make the fabric to the pattern piece or make the fabric then just cut out the garment using the fabric which you made?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really interesting and beautiful and artsy outfits Nancy. Makes me want to try something like that... only it can't be a jacket on account of the hot flashing. :)
    I just noticed that you sign your blog "Pugs and kisses" hee hee

    ReplyDelete