Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Florida Fun

Mike and I rang in New Year's Eve 2013 at Allison's wedding hosted by my friend Pat and her family. Allison is Pat's middle daughter. It was a blistery cold evening, but the wedding was lovely. The church was decorated with evergreen boughs and the dance hall was rocking way past my bedtime. The wedding reception had a candy bar, a photo booth, and a cupcake tower--my kind of party!
At the reception with my handsome husband Mike.

Posing with Pat. Doesn't she look gorgeous in her silver dress?
Here is the stunning bride with her Mom.
The next day, Mike and I hopped a plane to Florida to visit my family. My parents retired to Florida about 15 years ago. It makes a great excuse for an annual vacation. My brother Jeff and his family come from California too!

We were lucky and flew out a day before a big snow storm hit Boston. The nasty child sitting behind me kicked my seat all the way from Logan airport to Fort Lauderdale. My back still hurts.

This was the view from my friend Cindy's windshield last Thursday. Brrrr!

This was my view in Florida! Sunny and 85 degrees.
Mike took me to a great quilt shop in Boca Raton, called StitchCraft. They were recently featured in the Quilt Sampler magazine. StitchCraft has two giant rooms full of fabric and a really friendly staff. There were beautiful samples hung all around the shop. I could have stayed there all day.
If you're ever in Boca Raton, check out StitchCraft!
The focus of our visit was to spend time with my family. We spent a couple of afternoons at the beach with my brother, sister-in-law, and niece and nephew. We had a big family dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant one night and at our favorite Italian restaurant a different night. On Saturday it rained, so Mike and I took my parents to the indoor Flea Market. We all had a lot of fun. Before we left on Sunday afternoon, we all met at the Highland Beach Holiday Inn for brunch. Mike and I got married there in February of 2012.

Here is a shot of the whole family. My 16 year old niece Rachel is
the tallest of all of us, standing in the middle.
I'm still taller than my nephew Ben, but there's always next year!
Here are the girls: me, Mom, Rachel and Diane (my sister-in-law).
Most of the time, Ben looked like this.
Ben is very fond of my husband Mike and demanded to sit next to him at every meal.
Here I am with my brother Jeff.
Hope you got to enjoy some family time over the holidays!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. I was in Upstate NY "enjoying" that winter storm (and -14 windchills) while you were in Boca enjoying my sun! :-) Maybe next time we'll be able to meet up and go to Stitch Craft together. I haven't been yet, adding it to my list for next time I get a free weekend. (Right now, that's looking like sometime in October... but you never know!)

    Beautiful pictures, all you ladies looked stunning at the wedding. I'm glad you got to spend time with your family here in Florida. Great pictures and I'm sure great memories made! (I bet the pugs were happy to see you when you got home, though!)

    ReplyDelete