Sunday, June 9, 2013

A little Saturday sewing

Joannie and Marion spent the day with me in my quilt studio yesterday.
Marion dropped off another tote bag for Sadie's Dream for a Cure.

Marion's sampler quilt in progress.
Marion has been finishing a lot of projects lately. Yesterday, she was putting together the rows for a sampler quilt. She did this quilt as a block of the month at Ann's Fabrics a few years ago. She also made a second set of blocks in a different colorway, so she will have two lovely sampler quilts when she is finished. All of her blocks are made, she just needs to add sashing and borders.

Joannie is working on a quilt for her husband Dan. It is a single Irish Chain in brown batiks. You all know that I hate brown, but Joannie's quilt will be striking when it is finished.
One block for Dan's quilt.
I put the finishing stitches in Anna's Wedding Quilt.

I also finished three little fabric books.
A good time was had by all!

I am pleased to report that Anna's Wedding Quilt is packed and in a box and it is in my car ready to go to the Post Office tomorrow morning! She is also getting the Fish Tales book (above) and this fishy flannel blanket. I still have to finish her baby quilt--her baby is due next month!

Have a great day!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment