Saturday, May 4, 2013

"L" is for Laundry, Leftovers and Lily

Mike and I went out to the BeeHive last night for dinner. The Bee Hive is a cool little club in Boston with live music. So we enjoyed a jazz ensemble and a yummy meal. I had the halibut which was the special for the day. The waitress told us that it had taken them three hours to carve the fish up in the kitchen--it was originally 70 lbs of fresh fish right off the boat from Maine. Delicious!

We slept in today which was a rare treat. I decided it was time to plant the last of the pansies that I bought several weeks ago. I am pleased to report that they are all in the ground.

Our friend Jeff from Black Thumb Studio came over this afternoon to take a new family portrait that included Larry Pug. Here is a photo of Elvis from today's shoot. I can't wait to see the rest!
Elvis, age 10 1/2.
Jeff brought his daughter Lily, who is our favorite 4-year old, next to Larry Pug. Larry and Lily are almost exactly the same age since they both have March birthdays. Lily thought that was very funny. Lily watered all of the flowers in the yard with our little watering can and played Hide 'n Seek with us. Mike was very good at Hide 'n Seek.

I made Lily a Peter Pan pillowcase and a Tinker Bell pillowcase. Lily is nuts about Peter Pan. She said that she is going to sleep with it tonight. Guess that Jeff will have to settle for Tinker Bell.
Check out Lily's rockin' leopard pants. My kind of girl.
I spent the rest of the day doing laundry. I think I've done five loads so far. We're having leftover Chicken Tikka Masala for dinner and probably watching a DVD. So a mellow kind of day for us. Our neighbors down the street are having a loud party outside. Our walls are shaking. Wish they had invited us--they have a pinata, some lively Latin music, and a killer smelling barbecue.

Hope you are having a good weekend!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment