Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Of blood, frogs, and wild beasts...

I am making a table runner with blood, frogs and wild beasts. And did I also mention locusts, lice, hail and boils? Fortunately these disgusting things are not in my Studio, but printed on the fabric. I am making a table runner with the ten plagues for Passover. This will be a gift for my sister-in-law Susan. I think that the kids will get a big kick out of it.

The ten plagues from top left, read vertically: blood, lice, cattle disease, hail,
darkness, frogs, wild beasts, boils, locusts and slaying of the first born.
It is bordered with a matzo print.
I ordered the table runner as a kit last year from 1-800-Dreidel. It was back-ordered, so I wasn't able to get it until after Passover of last year. 1-800-Dreidel features a wide selection of fun and unusual Judaica including craft supplies such as Jewish-themed fabric, patterns, and kits.

It has been quick and easy to make. I put the top together on Sunday and layered and quilted it last night. All I have to do is add the binding. I ordered extra matzo fabric, so I may make some pillowcases for my nephews and my niece.

Hope there's no wild beasts in your studio!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment