Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Day Challenge, Day 2

Yesterday started off well with a hearty breakfast of party oatmeal. Party oatmeal is fortified with fresh raspberries, golden raisins, M&M's, and chocolate chips. It's colorful and there's happiness in every bite! Joannie made me the beautiful Halloween place mat that the bowl is photographed on.

Accomplishments for Thursday:
  1. Spent two hours cleaning the bedroom (not finished). Still organizing a lot of clothes. Discovered that I owned four pairs of denim capris and I found my leopard pants.
  2. Put away two loads of clean laundry that have been languishing for about a week.
  3. Ran two more loads of laundry AND put it all away (as of this morning). There are still two socks without mates...
  4. Took everything out of the corner kitchen cabinet, and put the new 18" Lazy Susan inside. See below. Doesn't it look nice?
  5. Finished the last three wedding Thank You notes for recently received gifts.
  6. Replaced burnt out light bulbs in the kitchen, hallway, and bathroom. This actually required a little ingenuity, since we apparently are out of the new, environment-friendly light bulbs and it was Thanksgiving, so everything was closed. I decided it was ok to use up the old, non-green light bulbs. Isn't that more green than disposing of them when they weren't used up?
  7. Took some photos and listed some new items in our Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/2PugsDesign?ref=si_shop


I watched three episodes of Design Star, one episode as my personal afternoon matinee and two episodes last night. Two episodes left until they declare the winner. It's kind of funny since all the episodes are taped, the commercials are for summer or back to school.

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at Joannies with her family.
This is a before-dinner photo. Check out Joannie's Thanksgiving place mats. Aren't they pretty? Time for her to start working on the Christmas place mats! Dinner was yummy and Joannie made a delicious apple pie as a finale. My desserts were also quite popular.

This morning I have to work until 1pm. So far I have received one email and it was automatically generated by one of our databases. I am working from home, so I have thrown another load of laundry in the washing machine. I honestly don't know how two people wear so many clothes!

I am not sure what I want to accomplish today. I will definitely work on the bedroom some more. Hopefully I will get to do a little sewing. I will report back tomorrow.

Hope your day is going well and that you don't have 87 loads of laundry to do.

Happy Birthday Kim!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment