Saturday, September 8, 2012

In a New York State of Mind

I am proud to show you both of these finished quilts, which I blogged about previously in June at http://pugmomquilts.blogspot.com/2012/06/new-york-city-quilts.html

Romeo, left, and Larry try out Grandma's new quilt!

Here is a full view of my Mom's quilt.


I found some really cute theme fabric for the back of Mom's quilt!

























Here is the second quilt that I made for my Uncle Stanley.


The back of Uncle Stanley's quilt has Hawaiian postcards!


















I usually try to buy inexpensive fabric for quilt backs or piece them out of leftovers from the front, but these are special quilts for a significant birthday! I was tickled to find both Hawaii and Florida fabric at eQuilter, one of my favorite online quilt stores http://www.equilter.com/

I think there will be at least a third New York quilt in the series, since when I presented the tops to my Mom and my Uncle at their party, my sister-in-law Diane went NUTS for them and shyly asked for one of her own. SSShhh, don't tell her!

Mom--your quilt will be in the mail next week as soon as I sew the label on the back!

Here is my darling Elvis who missed the quilt photo shoot (above) and demanded that I include his photo!

Two blog posts in one day! Must go downstairs and pay some attention to my darling Hubby Mike!

Pugs and kisses to all,

Nancy

3 comments:

  1. Nancy,
    You never fail to amaze w' your talent & patience at creating your FANTABULOUS QUILTS - you're pretty 'AWESOME' as a quilter, friend, mummy to 3 pugs now & of course wife to Mike.

    Romeo & Larry look a little too comfy on your Mum's new quilt.

    Sending Love & Hugs from downunder
    Lorraine xXx

    *Do tell 'ELVIS' he looked suave & sophisticated in his solo shot - wont you?

    *You Must be busy, as it seems like ages since our last catch up - I Miss You LOADS! And hearing about the goings on of married life & a 3rd pug & how it's all working out for you.

    *Where as for me … sigh … I just seem to get over one thing healthwise & get another - not fair [starting to feel the universe is against me – how paranoid is that?] :(

    ****I'm sick of ALL the PAIN - wears me down***

    *Also we've just had our 1st yr Anniversary of life without our little princess 'Sheri' (our special 'poopie') 6th Sept very sad :o(
    &
    *Bob & I on the 4th Sept celebrated 19yrs! How time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt, love all the colors and very dynamic.

    ReplyDelete